In the absence of platforms to share their thoughts and opinions, Kolom Remaja serves the community as an online youth publication to promote freedom of speech and expression, especially for youth in Indonesia. We strive to provide the highest quality of contents and value community partnerships through strengthening youth’s supportive network by working constructively and cooperatively with our partners and contributors. We aim to connect, encourage youth to speak up, and create an impact.
It is of utmost importance to Kolom Remaja that each and every person involved, participating, and attending both the team and events has a positive and rewarding experience. To that end, we invite all team members, contributors, and participants to help us realise a safe, respectful, and positive experience for everyone.
Kolom Remaja has established this Code of Conduct to provide guidelines to Team Members, Contributors, or Participants and to ensure that all parties understand what behaviour is expected, and what behaviour will not be tolerated at Kolom Remaja.
Kolom Remaja is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive atmosphere/workplace/events for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Anyone asked to stop any harassing behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR
Failure to adhere to the below expected behaviour may impact your ability to participate as a Team Member, Contributor, or Participant in Kolom Remaja and mean you will be removed from the team and/or event and unable to participate in any of Kolom Remaja’s activities.
Kolom Remaja expects that Team Members, Contributors, or Participants will:
- Read, understand Kolom Remaja’s Code of Conduct.
- Behave in a professional and respectful manner to anyone participating in Kolom Remaja.
- Be familiar with their responsibilities, role, personal qualities, and performance expectations for their level of work.
- Undertake necessary training both internally and externally appropriate to their roles and responsibilities, if necessary.
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner, following all applicable safety laws and regulations.
- Refuse to do any activities with those whose activities violate the law or whose source of funds is suspect.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Not use any personal information of Team Members, Participants, or Contributors outside Kolom Remaja’s framework.
- Avoid conflicts of interests with others
- If a physically intimate relationship between Team Members, Participants, or Contributions arises, both parties must raise the issue to one of Kolom Remaja’s Board Members.
- Report violations or suspected violations of this Code
- Cooperate with the Code of Conduct and investigations into violations or suspected violations
- UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Unacceptable behaviour from any Kolom Remaja’s team will not be tolerated.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Team Members, Contributors, or Participants during work-related activities.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homphobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory languages to other Team Members, Contributors, or Participants during work-related activities.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability to other Team Members, Contributors, or Participants during work-related activities.
- Inappropriate photography or recording, especially without consent of the other person.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs during work-related activities.
- USE OF KOLOM REMAJA’S PLATFORMS
For Kolom Remaja’s virtual or online work, we are using several platforms such as WhatsApp, Email, Instagram, and Google Meet/Zoom to communicate. Therefore, all members are expected to use these platforms correctly.
- WhatsApp group is used to discuss ideas, communicate to each other, ask questions, and mention any comments related to Kolom Remaja’s work. Personal anecdotes and chats are acceptable as long as it is not deemed unacceptable behaviour in section 2 above.
- Email is used formally to communicate between members and contributors regarding any submissions, projects, or events. Using unprofessional communication style to other Team Members, Contributors, or Participants is unallowed and strictly forbidden if deemed unacceptable behaviour in section 2 above.
- Instagram is used to send contents, communicate, and mention any comments related to Kolom Remaja’s work. Personal anecdotes and chats are acceptable as long as it is not deemed unacceptable behaviour in section 2 above.
- Google Meets/Zoom is used to discuss ideas, communicate to each other, ask questions, and mention any comments related to Kolom Remaja’s work. Personal anecdotes and chats are acceptable as long as it is not deemed unacceptable behaviour in section 2 above.
- CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a Team Member, Contributor, or Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, Kolom Remaja’s Board may take action it deems appropriate, including warning/strikes or expelling the offender from the team or events.
For more serious behaviour, Kolom Remaja may, in its discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Member from the Team and/or contact other third parties, such as the Police.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify one of Kolom Remaja’s Board Members. These are the appropriate actions to take for notifying Kolom Remaja’s Board Members:
- Remove yourself from the situation, including leaving video meetings or blocking the chats
- Contact one of Kolom Remaja’s Board Members via any platforms used and raise that you’ve witnessing something unacceptable
- Please provide names or any screenshots if possible to support us with an investigation into the behaviour.
This Code of Conduct is the product of Kolom Remaja’s commitment to create and nurture a welcoming, respectful, and collaborative community, and we thank our Team Members, Contributors, and Participants for sharing our commitment. This framework of this Code of Conduct is inspired by the Google Anti-Harassment Policy.
KONTAK BOARD MEMBER KOLOM REMAJA
Name: Anya Prasista
WhatsApp: +62 812-8000-2801